Friday, April 25, 2008

Three Things

Today driving to work I put fingernail polish on all the nails of my left hand. They turned out pretty good if I do say so myself . As I was doing it I began to think of other crazy, stupid, or foolish things I have done in the past while driving. I once brushed my teeth while driving to work. Probably the most dangerous thing I did while I was driving was nurse my baby. I was driving to San Diego with all of the kids in the VW bus and Aaron just wouldn't be satisfied with a pacifier. So I took him out of the car seat while I was driving and fed him. So dangerous and foolish. But I was young with 5 kids under 7 and I could only think of taking care of what needed taking care of. There were no car seat laws back then. Not even seat belt laws.
So now I would like to hear from you and three things you have done while driving that are unusual. You have to have been the driver.

2 comments:

Aramie Judd Christopherson said...

I really can't think of 3 crazy things I've done while driving. My driving record should be proof enough that crazy driving isn't always the result of not paying attention to the road. I can honestly say that I was paying attention to the road each and every time I caused an accident! Maybe not that time when I accidentally drove that lady off the road when I was 16. Amber was sitting in the passanger seat, and she actually had to tell me that I drove someone off the road- I didn't even know it! That's what she gets for driving on my blind side.

Sandman said...

That is so funny ... There's something about a baby crying that'll make you do just about anything to get them quiet, maybe even letting the infant take a turn at the wheel if they will just be quiet. I think I've brushed my teeth while driving, too ... I know Gigi does that all the time, and then opens the door and spits when she's at a stop light. Once when Gigi was a senior in high school, she and I were going to the church for some event and we were stopped at a red light, so she started brushing her hair ... sitting behind us was a police man ... the light turns green, we go and get down the road a little way and she starts steering with her knee and started brushing her hair again using both hands and right away the police turns on his lights and pulls her over. She got a ticket for careless driving ... I was doing the double time freak ... I thought we were going to jail, but she just got a ticket ... I don't think it scared her striaght, because I've seen her steer with her knee since that time.