- 3 Joys: My granddaughters, Kacey& Darby. Singing out loud to the oldies playing on the radio while driving in my car. Observing the beauties in nature while driving places.
- 3 Fears: the death of any of my loved ones. Spiders and bugs. Not making it to the Celestial Kingdom.
- Lose weight (my goal for 20 yrs. now), exercise daily, get out of debt.
- Americana Raggedy Anns and Andys(10), Willow Tree figurines (23), DVDs (especially Masterpiece Theatre movies and programs).
- 3 Random Facts: In 1976 I drove to Guatemala from Salt Lake City (with Bob), When I was a senior in high school I was awarded The Bank of America "Most Promising in the Field of Home Economics" Award, and I never wanted to get a job. I would be perfectly happy staying home and fulfilling my promise in the field of home economics. :)
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Hi. I know it has been ages since I blogged but I am so dull. I can't think of things that I think would be of interest to you. We are in upstate New York and having Georgia summer weather. The difference is that y'all have central air-conditioning and we don't. I am a miserable beast in hot humid weather. Just ask Bob. I cannot function in this weather. I get a headache and I just want to be prone on my bed with a fan blowing on me. Thankfully we do have a couple of window units which keep me sane.
One exciting thing is that Hillary,Frank, and Darby Danae are coming here on Tuesday for a week. We are very excited to see them again. However, if the weather doesn't cool down and dehumidify they will be coming to a very unkempt house and it will be McDonald's every night (the only fast food restaurant in our little town).
Hillary is having some very serious health issues right now. She may have MS. She had an MRI of the spine (which showed lesions on it) and an MRI of the brain (which showed 2 lesions on it). She has to have a spinal tap to get a more definitive diagnosis. She won't be able to have that test done until she returns from her trip to New York. I am just so sad and worried about it and her. Our family has had enough serious health issues and would just like for our children and their children to be completely healthy. Is that too much to ask for?
We enjoyed a fun visit with Jess,Dustin's lovely bride,on Wednesday. She is here for her youngest sister's high school graduation. She approves of Sophie and we are glad. She is very good with animals. She and Dustin have 2 labs( Lily & Bear).
Speaking of Sophie, she is still giving us trouble in the potty-training dept. The problem is that I am at work most days and so I can't be vigilant about it and so she has several different people all with different styles trying to train her. I am worried about Hillary and family coming and finding a little tootsie roll size doodie in the dining room or somewhere. I hope the training kicks in soon.