Sunday, April 6, 2008

Free Gift?and Other Musings

Last week I got my "Free gift" notice from Estee Lauder. They send one out twice a year, I think. I am always very excited to get these as I love their free gifts. Does anyone else feel this way or is it just me? I make plans to go to Saratoga to get my free gift. The thing is Saratoga is an hour and forty-five minute drive away from my home. Where we live, the "nicest" store is JC Penney which doesn't sell Estee Lauder products. So after I drive that far and spend the gas to get there is it really a free gift? Gas here is $3.52 per gallon. As I ponder this I recall that most of the stuff that comes in the "free gift" is usually thrown out after hanging on to it for a year or so because the colors are not right for me. I do usually like the free cases that they come with but really is it worth the drive to get those little zippered cases? I am not sure . I do like to go up that way because a few exits before Saratoga is Lake George. Lake George is the "outlets" exit. I like to go to the "Gymboree" and "Oshkosh" stores to shop for my granddaughters.:) So perhaps it would be worth my while( if not my wallet) to go after all. I'll let you know what I decide next week. My day off is Wednesday and that is when I usually go on my shopping expeditions (to avoid the weekend shopper traffic).

1 comment:

Aramie Judd Christopherson said...

To answer your question, yes. It is worth the drive to get the free gift. Especially if you get 2 free gifts and give 1 to your most beloved daughter, Aramie. Yes, yes, we love Hillary too, but you don't have to pay for shipping if you give it to Aramie!