Thursday, May 29, 2008

Random, Rambling Thoughts......

I haven't blogged in awhile and I noticed that nobody noticed. How sad for me. Just kidding. Though the "nobody noticed " part is true.

We have had a skunk problem at work for three weeks now. We had someone come and put out a trap but the only thing we caught was a very mad cat. The stink is not a pleasant aroma to work in. We tried candles. We tried odor absorbing dealie boppers. We tried moth balls. Today was the first time in over three weeks that I wasn't slammed in the face with the unpleasant skunky odor as I walked into the office.

Kacey turned five last week. She is such a darling girl. I am so in love with her. Bob is putty in her tiny hands. He will do anything for her.Before she was born he was moaning and groaning about how he wasn't ready to be a grandfather and blah blah blah but the minute he met her it was love at first sight.

Today Kacey asked Aaron to help her put on her new bracelet. He is a guy and probably has never tried to put a bracelet on such a tiny wrist so it was taking a long time. She looked at him and said "Aaron, I don't have all day!". I thought that was so funny.

Our family has a lot of inside jokes. I guess they aren't so much jokes as they are quotes from the movies they grew up on. I love the humor of my children and husband. I love to laugh and I love corny humor. No, nothing too off color for me. What I mean to say it that I don't like off color stuff. I won't let people tell me anything that I think is off color.

The clerks in our local stores have no personality. I will try to joke a little with them as they are ringing up my items and they just stare at me blankly and go on with their scanning.

I love my little poopie puppy. House training isn't going very well but I am sure it will kick in pretty soon. Bob is being very tolerant and I am grateful. He found a home for our beautiful German short haired Pointer several years ago and it made me so sad. I think the key is "Tiny house Dog". Sophie is four months old now and probably weighs 6 lbs. Kacey and Aaron love her too.

I can't grow decent finger nails. The second one of my finger nails gets long enough to admire, it immediately chips and breaks off. I remember being 10 and spending my allowance on fake finger nails. I would ride my bike and rest my hands palms down, fingers extended on the handle bars and just admire my fake nails. They didn't last very much longer than my real nails.

You have to get the Ped Egg. It is amazing. My heals looked like....well, suffice it to say, they were awful. I got the above mentioned Ped Egg and I now have heals as smooth as a baby's behind. Yea!!!!! Probably not for Sandy but everyone else.

I am happy because I have Monday and Tuesday of next week off. I love having days off!!!! I don't get paid for those days. That is the only downside to having them off.

I love the show "The Office". It is so funny. Have you seen it?

6 comments:

Nate Judd said...

I can't believe you said that nobody noticed you weren't blogging. Am I a nobody? I check you blog daily and cry everytime I see that there's nothing new to read about my favorite mother-in-law.
How's that for a guilt trip?

gigi said...

I've noticed as well. I have a lot of blogger friends that have been missing in spring time lately. May be every one will be back again soon. I've missed Aramie as well. I hope she is feeling better.

I think your Haley is so funny. She fits your family and their funny sense of humors.

So about your ramblings...
Can't believe that Kacey is 5 yrs already! and as for pop pops and pappy's they spoil the grand children a lot more than they ever spoiled us!!

Sorry about the skunk smell and your local clerks being so blah. It must be a southern thing but most of our will tell you their life story and then some.

I've never been able to grow nails either. I'm allergic to the stuff they use for false nails so I just have to walk around with stubs. Thanks for the tip on the Ped Egg. Barney's frien Chris loves the office! It must be because you both work in an office??

Rauscher Family said...

Hey Cindy,

I am so happy to see you. It is great to see pictures of your family. I miss your family so much. I always loved seeing your smiling face at church. Tell everyone hello.

Courtney Kirkland Rauscher

Nate Judd said...

PS: I noticed you don't have a pic of Frank on your blog. Better be careful, he might think he's your least favorite son-in-law maybe even falling behind Joey....
Love ya!

Sandman said...

I feel your pain with the poopie puppy training! We got a dog a month ago and though she is a sweet puppy, she's about to make me crazy. A lab mix. The Vet thinks the other half of her mix is some kind of hound dog, which explains a lot to me and my wife. When I took her to the vet last week he figured she was about 8 weeks and she weighed 12 lbs. I feel like all I do is feed her, take her out to do her business, and tell her to stop biting, stop digging, don't eat the plants, don't eat the cat fur balls, don't, don't don't ... Bite, bite, bite you can't even pet her because she bites ... inspite of all that some how she has found a place in all of our hearts, so darn it we're going to have to keep her.

I love the office. I mostly have to watch it on the internet as I usually miss it because I'm trying to get the kids into bed. I like all of the characters ... I don't like Ryan this season, and Toby kind of bugs me. No episode has ever failed to get a gut busting laugh out of me. Have you ever watched the original version from England? I checked out a few dvds of them from the library. I think its more edgy. I prefer the American characters ... I like how they have developed them.

Nate Judd said...

You've disappeared again!! Is that puppy more important to you than keeping everyone up on your exciting life?