Thursday, May 15, 2008

Old Television Shows

I am watching old episodes of "That Girl" with Marlo Thomas. Do any of you remember that show? I love the old show "Dobie Gillis" I like the old shows because they remind me of simpler times. I like to see the fashions they wore in those days.

Gigi mentioned 13 things she doesn't do any more and it got me to thinking about things I used to love to do that I don't do any more and here they are:

  1. SEWING. I USED TO SEW A LOT BUT I DON'T ANY MORE.
  2. BAKE
  3. WRITE LETTERS (LIKE GIGI)
  4. TALK TO MY SISTER,SUSAN, ON THE PHONE FOR HOURS AT A TIME
  5. GO ON DATES WITH MY HUSBAND
  6. ROAD TRIPS
  7. GARDEN
  8. READ FOR PLEASURE (I READ THE SCRIPTURES EVERY DAY BUT THAT IS ALL)
  9. WEAR KNEE LENGTH SHORTS (TOO SELF-CONSCIOUS OF MY HAM HOCK LEGS)
  10. SIT WITH MY HUSBAND AND CHILDREN IN SACRAMENT MEETING (KIDS GREW UP AND MOVED AWAY AND BOB IS OUR BRANCH PRESIDENT)

That is all I can think of right now.

3 comments:

gigi said...

I love old TV especially "I Love Lucy" and "Leave it to Beaver" oh I have others too many to mention. I keep thinking of other things I don't do any more and I wish that I still did them. Life use to be much simpler.

hil said...

why don't you do those things anymore? if you took the time to try them out again, you might find that you still enjoy them. i used to love to lay out and get a tan. now, i just chase Darby around the pool begging her not to jump in and kicking myself for not teaching her "slow" and "you'd better obey mama or you are going to an orphanage!" just kidding about that last part. thanks for the cleaning advice last night---i was definitely in a panic and thankful that i could call you! i love you.

Nate Judd said...

Where are you???? It's been too long.